The Palace of Westminster
Palace of Westminster has been the seat of government since the
early part of the eleventh century but not until 1547 did it become
the permanent home of Parliament. The present neo-Gothic
buildings, dating from about 1850, are the work of Sir Charles
Barry and Augustus Pugin replacing the earlier structure which
was almost totally destroyed by the fire in 1834.